[AL-Directors] Activate Your LYRASIS Membership

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Thu Jun 10 12:35:17 PDT 2010

Dear Directors:
A few days ago you received an email from Kate Nevins of LYRASIS inviting you to take advantage of a free one year membership to LYRASIS.

I am writing to urge you to activate your LYRASIS membership right away so you can begin to learn about the advantages of belonging to this national library consortium.

The State Library is using LSTA funds to pay for your free membership that will extend through June 30, 2011. We are doing this because we believe many Oregon libraries will discover that belonging to LYRASIS makes sense and provides important benefits.

To learn more about LYRASIS go to this web page:

http://www.lyrasis.org/Membership/Member-Enrichment-with-BCR.aspx

This page provides information on the transition that is taking place from BCR membership to LYRASIS membership. At the bottom of the page is a link to activate your free LYRASIS membership. I want to emphasize that there is no cost or obligation in joining LYRASIS in 2010-11.

If you have questions about this and want to contact someone at LYRASIS, I suggest you contact Regan Harper, the new Western Regional Director of LYRASIS: <regan.harper at lyrasis.org> 800.999.8558 x2953.

Please take advantage of this free one-year membership so you can learn more about the benefits of becoming a member of LYRASIS.

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

[cid:3359018117_949103]Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.