[AL-Directors] Action plan from Gale

MaryKay Dahlgreen dahlgreen_marykay at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Mon Mar 15 12:30:12 PDT 2010

As I believe most of you know, the State Library hosted a meeting with Gale representatives and academic librarians in late January to discuss issues and problems with the Gale products that are now licensed for the libraries in Oregon by the State Library. Gale sent an action plan to us several weeks ago and last week sent a progress report on that action plan. I am attaching that document for you. I also wanted to let you know that at the last Statewide Database Licensing Committee meeting an ad hoc committee was formed to develop a list of journals the academic library community would like to see added to the Gale databases. Once that list is compiled we will give it to Gale and they will be working to add those titles.  If there is someone else on your library staff who should have this information please feel free to forward it. And, please let me know if you have questions or concerns.
MaryKay

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Library Development Program Manager
Oregon State Library