[AL-Directors] Lyrasis membership and the State Library

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Tue May 31 15:13:02 PDT 2011

Dear Directors:

I have heard from a few of you that you have received invoices for Lyrasis membership so am sending out this message to clarify the situation.

For a number of years the State Library paid for a statewide membership in BCR, that membership included all the libraries in Oregon. About this time last year BCR became part of Lyrasis. The State Library will no longer be purchasing a statewide membership to Lyrasis for all our libraries. However, Lyrasis agreed to provide a one year membership to every library in Oregon through July of 2011 (I'll check on the exact date and let you know). That membership is expiring and you now all have to decide if you want to continue a membership in Lyrasis at your own expense.

I am also working with Regan Harper at Lyrasis on scheduling a webinar for Oregon libraries that will provide information on what membership includes and involved.

There is information available about Lyrasis membership on their website: http://www.lyrasis.org and I will be in touch with information on the webinar for Oregon libraries.

MaryKay