[AL-Directors] 4/19 Webinar: Strategies for Broadband Adoption and Digital Inclusion in Rural Communities
darci.hanning at state.or.us
Thu Apr 13 13:24:26 PDT 2017
Please pardon the cross-postings -- the following free webinar below may be of interest to some of you.
You are invited to join NTIA’s BroadbandUSA team f
or an upcoming webinar on April 19th.
Strategies for Broadband Adoption and Digital Inclusion in Rural Communities<https://www2.ntia.doc.gov/node/1006>
Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Time: 2:00pm EST (11:00a PT)
Overview: This webinar will focus on strategies to promote broadband adoption and digital inclusion in rural communities highlighting the role of libraries and university extension programs. The speakers will discuss research findings on the effect of broadband adoption on rural economic development, as well as program strategies to facilitate digital inclusion, such as mobile-hotspot lending programs, community outreach and digital skills training. Emy Tseng, Senior Broadband Program Specialist, BroadbandUSA will facilitate the discussion.
· Dr. Brian Whitacre, Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University
· Dr. Bharat Mehra, Associate Professor, Scholl of Information Sciences, University of Tennessee Knoxville
· Katie Hill, Director, Coffeyville (Kansas) Public Library
To register for this webinar click here<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6187533949562924034>.
For more information about BroadbandUSA and its programs and publications visit the website<https://www2.ntia.doc.gov/technical_assistance>.
What is BroadbandUSA?
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) developed BroadbandUSA to provide assistance to stakeholders (government, industry, nonprofit) that want to expand their broadband capacity and promote broadband adoption. BroadbandUSA brings stakeholders together to solve problems, contribute to emerging policies, link stakeholders to other federal agencies and funding sources, and address barriers to collaboration across agencies.
· Technical Assistance:<https://www2.ntia.doc.gov/technical_assistance> BroadbandUSA provides technical assistance to state and local governments, industry and non-profits that want to improve their broadband capacity and use broadband more effectively.
· Publications:<https://www2.ntia.doc.gov/publications> BroadbandUSA provides expert, impartial advice and field-proven tools for assessing broadband adoption, planning new infrastructure and engaging in a wide range of partners, especially private providers, in broadband projects.
· Connectivity Initiative:<https://www2.ntia.doc.gov/CCI> BroadbandUSA is engaging community, corporate and civic leaders to develop and finalize a set of connectivity indicators, create a strategic online self-assessment, and expand resources that support and accelerate local broadband planning efforts.
Office of Community Engagement
National Telecommunications and Information Administration
U.S. Department of Commerce
Explore funding options in our Guide to Federal Funding of Broadband Projects<http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/broadband_fed_funding_guide.pdf>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AL-Directors