[AL-Directors] One-Day Pacific Northwest Conference on Open Practices for Librarians

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Thu Mar 8 10:42:05 PST 2018

Greetings! The following came across my inbox this morning, please share with your colleagues.

Here is information on the One Day Pacific NW Conference on Open Practices for Librarians that may be of interest to the academic library community. Additionally there is an Information Literacy gathering happening the next day. I am including the ILAGO information at the bottom of this email as well.

http://openoregon.org/librarians-save-the-date/

What: One-Day Pacific Northwest Conference on Open Practices for Librarians
When: May 11, 12-8pm (Conference until 5, then stick around to socialize)
Where: McMinnville, OR
Fine print: Registration is free; lunch and dinner are included

Open Oregon Educational Resources is sponsoring a conference in McMinnville, OR, for librarians to share concrete, implementable ideas about how to incorporate open practices into all aspects of library work. We will look beyond persuading faculty to adopt OER (though this is important) to investigate changes in how we carry out all library functions in order to facilitate a culture of open.

Librarians from public and private colleges and universities in the Pacific Northwest are invited to attend the Open Practices for Librarians Conference. Please note that we have moved the date of this event from the previously circulated March 16.

Registration for Oregon public community college and university participants includes travel reimbursement and overnight accommodation. Part-time faculty at Oregon public community colleges and universities are eligible for stipends for attendance and supplemental childcare.

To receive email notification when the conference registration is open, please provide your contact info: https://goo.gl/forms/2lgvJagi3I7b3SN93

Optional: attend ILAGO’s IL Summit<https://ilago.wordpress.com/oregon-il-summit-2018/> in the morning! You will already be in town. Register separately for the two events.

Further details on the IL Summit below:

If you’re excited to engage in thoughtful conversations about information literacy with your colleagues, start planning your proposals for the 12th annual ILAGO Information Literacy Summit<https://ilago.wordpress.com/oregon-il-summit-2018/> on May 12, 2018 at the Yamhill Valley Campus of Chemeketa Community College in McMinnville, Oregon.

We invite a diverse range of presentations across library environments (e.g.. academic, public, school), curriculum, and/or examples of successful collaboration between librarians and external stakeholders.

The IL Summit typically has 60-80 attendees who are eager to hear new ideas and ways to approach information literacy. We invite you to submit proposals for panels, presentations, discussions, and other program formats to run for a total of 45 minutes including Q&A. Longer programs/workshops will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if submitting a longer proposal, please include that in the Comments field.

Program proposals will be accepted until March 16, 2018. Please submit your proposals here: ILAGO IL Summit Program Proposal<https://goo.gl/forms/ohZHYHdsi0C0VHV43>

Visit https://ilago.wordpress.com/oregon-il-summit-2018/ for more information on ILAGO and the Summit.

Cheers,

Darci Hanning, MLIS