[Answerland] Two Shared Followup questions: teaching of sacred texts in schools, and history of Sycamore Oregon

Tamara Ottum tottum.osl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:32:03 PST 2016

Hello Answerlanders,

{I am writing to you from my gmail account because the State Library's
email server is currently undergoing maintenance.}

Two patrons are looking for our help:

"I am researching the benefits of teaching sacred texts in schools. I am
trying to find sources or authorities on whether sacred texts provide an
 appreciation for different religious traditions or if they provide a
deeper knowledge of the world or people. Are there any professors of
sacred literature or comparative religions that I can contact or books
at my library to set me in the right direction?  Thank you!" {Question ID
11853555}

"What is the history of Sycamore Oregon?" {Question ID 11851072}
You can find both questions in the Shared Followup list in QuestionPoint.

To add a note:

   1. Open the question
   2. Click Claim
   3. Click Add Note, type in your note, and click Add Note again
   4. Click Claim again
   5. In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the
   blue arrow

To send a response to the patron:

   1. Open the question
   2. Click Claim
   3. Click Answer and write your response. If you have files to send to
   the patron, attach them here. Click Send Answer when you are finished.
   4. Click Claim again
   5. In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the
   blue arrow

Thanks,
Tamara

Tamara Ottum