[Answerland] FW: Cooperative Update: August 2017

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Thu Aug 17 11:29:56 PDT 2017

FYI.

From: QP-247CoopSupers [mailto:QP-247COOPSUPER-L at OCLCLISTS.ORG] On Behalf Of Spangler,Wren
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:42 AM
To: QP-247COOPSUPER-L at OCLCLISTS.ORG
Subject: [QP-247COOPSUPER-L] Cooperative Update: August 2017

Dear Cooperative Librarians,

I am happy to provide you with this news about our Cooperative!

1) Instructor-led QuestionPoint training opportunities for librarians

Visit the links below to register for the free training sessions.
23 August 2017  2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
QuestionPoint Librarian 1 - QuestionPoint Overview and E-mail Reference<http://www.oclc.org/support/training/portfolios/discovery/questionpoint/courses/overview-and-email/08232017.en.html>

24 August 2017  2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
QuestionPoint Librarian 2 - Use Chat in QuestionPoint<http://www.oclc.org/support/training/portfolios/discovery/questionpoint/courses/flashchat/08242017.en.html>

29 August 2017  2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
QuestionPoint Librarian 3 - Chat Follow-up, Referrals, and Manage Questions<http://www.oclc.org/support/training/portfolios/discovery/questionpoint/courses/followup-referral-managing/08292017.en.html>
30 August 2017  2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
QuestionPoint Librarian 4 - Create Personal Scripts and use IM & Transfer<http://www.oclc.org/support/training/portfolios/discovery/questionpoint/courses/scripts-cobrowse-im-transfer/08302017.en.html>
Recorded Administrator training sessions are available at:
http://www.oclc.org/support/training/portfolios/discovery/questionpoint.en.html

2) Changes planned for QuestionPoint in 2018
In the coming year, you will see interface and functionality changes, enabled by technical advancements that benefit the service.

Enhancements being explored include: spell check, mobile compatibility for the administrative module and improvements to workflow features for increased productivity. In addition to interface modifications, we plan to update the infrastructure that supports QuestionPoint by moving the service from Flash technology to HTML5.

As this work proceeds, we will actively seek your input. We look forward to working with you in usability studies, focus groups and beta tests as work progresses to make QuestionPoint an even more valuable tool for your library.

Let us know if you would like to participate in this year's QuestionPoint enhancements by completing a brief form<http://registration.oclc.org/reg/?pc=QPfeedback>.

3) Upcoming webinar
14 September 2017  1:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Register to Attend: Impact of online coursework on college students<http://www.oclc.org/en/events/2017/Impactofonlinecourseworkoncollegestudents091417.html>

Join The Ohio State University's Director of Student Success Research Shanna Smith Jaggars as she discusses national research and trends about how online coursework affects student learning. You'll get an overview of the current landscape, including what approaches may provide improved outcomes.

4) Share your reference stories
You've been reading your colleagues' stories...now it's time to share your own!
Visit https://www.oclc.org/content/go/en/qp_reference_stories.html and click the "What's Your Story?" button to submit your own experiences to be featured on this page.

5) Policy Page Content Check
It's that time of year: time to check the links and text on your policy page! Remember, the policy page is your way of communicating with your colleagues who are assisting your library users. In each field, it is helpful to use links and text that can be copy/pasted to the patron. The Policy Page Guidelines<http://wiki.questionpoint.org/w/page/13839472/Policy%20Page%20Guidelines> document gives detailed explanations about the intended content of each field.

Thank you to all of the libraries who have provided database access for Cooperative librarians over the past year in response to the document approved by the 24/7 Reference Cooperative Advisory Board! To learn more about how libraries in our Cooperative have remained in compliance with the vendor licensing agreements while providing password-protected access for the proxy librarians who assist their students, please visit http://oc.lc/QPBestPracticesForDatabaseAccess to download the PDF.

6) Schedule Check
Please review your Cooperative monitoring schedule<http://questionpoint.humanity.com/app/schedule/employee/week/employee/employee> and let me (spanglew at oclc.org) or your scheduling coordinator know if any changes need to be made.

Thank you for your participation in QuestionPoint's 24/7 Reference Cooperative!

Regards,
Wren

--
Wren Spangler

OCLC * QuestionPoint Cooperative Coordinator

6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, Ohio 43017-3395 USA
spanglew at oclc.org

[Image removed by sender. OCLC]<http://www.oclc.org/home.en.html?cmpid=emailsig_logo>

OCLC.org<http://www.oclc.org/home.en.html?cmpid=emailsig_link> * Blog<http://www.oclc.org/blog/main/?cmpid=emailsig_blog> * Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/OCLC/20530435726> * Twitter<http://twitter.com/oclc> * YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/OCLCvideo>

This message was posted through the OCLC list server. If you wish to change your subscription, please send a message to the Listserv service at: listserv at oclclists.org<mailto:listserv at oclclists.org> (NOTE that this is NOT the QP-247COOPSUPER-L list address) with one of the following in the body of the message:

"unsubscribe QP-247COOPSUPER-L" to unsubscribe; "set QP-247COOPSUPER-L digest" to receive QP-247COOPSUPER-L in digest form; "set QP-247COOPSUPER-L nomail" to set your options to no mail; "set QP-247COOPSUPER-L mail" to restart your mail. You may also subscribe or unsubscribe to other OCLC mailing lists at https://www.oclc.org/forms/internet-subscription.en.html. To contact the list owners directly please send your message to QP-247COOPSUPER-L-request at OCLCLISTS.ORG<mailto:QP-247COOPSUPER-L-request at OCLCLISTS.ORG>