[Answerland] Answerland Quality Team

Joanna Milner joannam at multcolib.org
Wed Dec 13 16:45:52 PST 2017

Please welcome back your volunteer Answerland Quality Team! The Answerland
Quality Team will be responsible for the following:

   -

   Creating and updating Best Practices and Tip Sheets to support both new
   and experienced Answerland librarians
   -

   Coordinating the Answerland mentoring program
   -

   Recognizing outstanding work by librarians staffing Answerland

We’re working on updating the Quality Team page of the Answerland website
<https://answerland.org/about-us/quality-team/> so all of this information
will be up-to-date and easy to use. We’ll also be posting updates to the
listserve every other month.

The current members of the team are:

   - Valerie Florez, volunteer librarian extraordinaire (
   valpg at alum.calberkeley.org)
   - Joanna Milner, Multnomah County Library (joannam at multcolib.org)
   - Heidi Senior, University of Portland (senior at up.edu)
   - Clare Sobotka, Linn-Benton Community College (sobotkc at linnbenton.edu).

Here’s what we need from you:

   1.

   Your feedback. What do you wish you’d known when you started staffing
   Answerland? How was your experience having (or being) a mentor? What has
   made you feel most proud of your work with Answerland?
   2.

   Your great ideas. What Tip Sheets do you wish existed? How would you
   recognize excellent work with Answerland? What would the perfect mentoring
   program look like?
   3.

   You! There’s still room for more members of the team. We currently meet
   by phone every other month or so and do most of our collaboration by email
   and Google docs.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
The Answerland Quality Team