[Answerland] Starting Monday: public libraries staffing 24/7 Coop

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Fri Feb 3 13:06:41 PST 2017

Hello Answerland public libraries*,
Starting Monday (2/6), you will be staffing the QuestionPoint 24/7 Reference Cooperative Public queue.
*Academic libraries and volunteers will begin next month; stay tuned for details.
If you were unable to make the online training, please read the documentation<https://answerland.org/247coop/> or view the recording<https://oregonstatelibrary.adobeconnect.com/p6xy5gfre4w/> before your shift.
Important things to know:

*        When you launch chat, select both the BME queue and the 24/7 Reference Coop Public queue.

*        You will need to use ShiftPlanning, QP's scheduling tool, to clock in and out of each shift (so our contribution to the Cooperative is recorded for OCLC). Instructions for using it are in the documentation. Logins have been sent to your library's Answerland liaison.

*        I will continue to use the online spreadsheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZILMbYByr6iTs0GxNK70nOV9gsGY2NFwTKzZlhvE8Uo/edit#gid=2054394570> for Answerland (statewide queue) scheduling. Eventually, this will be moved into ShiftPlanning.
I think that's all for now. Let me know if you have questions!
-Tamara

Tamara Ottum, MLIS
Answerland Coordinator
Oregon State Library