[Answerland] Recurring prankster on Answerland

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Mon Jan 30 14:34:28 PST 2017

Hi all,

Currently Answerland has a recurring prankster from one of the public schools. I have contacted someone at the district, who has tracked it down to the specific school and notified the principal and local librarian. Hopefully the matter will be resolved soon.

In the meantime, be on the lookout for these signs:

*        Enters as patron of Multnomah County Library or Answerland - Public & School Libraries

*        Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 12pm and 2pm

*        IP address begins with 159.191.132

*        Uses offensive and ugly language

If you encounter this patron, please use the "Obscene warning" and "Obscene disconnect" scripts, and mark the question with the Resolution Code "Prank," as per our guidelines<https://answerland.org/for-librarians/pranks/>.

-Tamara

Tamara Ottum, MLIS
Answerland Coordinator
Oregon State Library