[Answerland] Librarian requesting help with patron question about movie guides

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Thu Oct 5 08:16:41 PDT 2017

Good morning Answerlanders,

A librarian is looking for help:

"Hi, I was trying to help a patron with the below question and wondered if anyone else had a better idea (I found Kids-in-Mind, Common Sense Media, and the Parent Guide of IMDB, but none of them have the timestamps that this person is requesting). Thanks for any ideas. Here's his question below:

"I'm looking for a website that lists any objectionable parts in a movie such as language, sex, violence, etc. I would like to know the precise timestamps for these bad parts so I can be prepared to skip ahead as we watch a lot of movies together as families.

"I have found numerous websites that list general bad parts in a movie and even provides ratings. One example of a website I've found is http://www.kids-in-mind.com/. Again, I'm not looking for an overall rating by topic or even a general list of bad parts but rather specific timestamps of when the bad part happens in the movie."

You can find this question (#12823913) in the Shared Followup list in QuestionPoint.

To add a note:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Add Note, type in your note, and click Add Note again
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

To send a response to the patron:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Answer and write your response. If you have files to send to the patron, attach them here. Click Send Answer when you are finished.
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

Thanks,
Tamara

Tamara Ottum, MLIS
Answerland Coordinator
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506 | www.oregon.gov/osl<http://www.oregon.gov/osl>