[Answerland] Patron has question about Vikings / Islamic period

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Wed Jan 3 08:21:26 PST 2018

Happy new year Answerlanders!

A patron is looking for our help:

"Did vikings/Danes help Muhammad Ibn Abi-Amir (990 AD) steal the bells from Santiago de Compostella in 990AD (or thereabouts)? [...] This episode is detailed in "The Long Ships" by Frans Bengstsson [...] I'm going to Iceland soon and am trying to check the veracity of this allusion in the novel. I was wondering whether the vikings assisted in this pillage of Compostella."

You can find this question (#13130047) in the Shared Followup list in QuestionPoint.

To add a note:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Add Note, type in your note, and click Add Note again
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

To send a response to the patron:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Answer and write your response. If you have files to send to the patron, attach them here. Click Send Answer when you are finished.
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

Tamara Ottum, MLIS
Answerland Coordinator
State Library of Oregon
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506<tel:%20(503)%20378-6505> | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>