[Answerland] Patron looking for ebooks

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Mon Mar 26 08:21:57 PDT 2018

Thanks to Emily-Jane @ Multnomah County Library for answering this question. As the patron responded, "Gosh, yes, that answer of yours really helps. Thank you for your attention!"

From: Tamara Ottum
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 8:50 AM
To: 'answerland at listsmart.osl.state.or.us' <answerland at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: Patron looking for ebooks

Good morning Answerlanders,

A patron needs our help:

"My county library is currently closed due to no funding. I am hoping to find access to ebooks. Can you help me to locate a library ebook data base? [...] I have contacted county libraries adjacent to my county. They do have access to ebooks and I can get them if I pay a non residence annual fee. It is expensive and prohibitive for my finances. What I was hoping to hear from you is of a data base that would be available for me without paying.  I have checked google for free ebooks and they do have them but they are books in the public domain and are not current publications. With that said, do you have any suggestions?"

You can find this question (#13338822) in the Shared Followup list in QuestionPoint.

To add a note:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Add Note, type in your note, and click Add Note again
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

To send a response to the patron:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Answer and write your response. If you have files to send to the patron, attach them here. Click Send Answer when you are finished.
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

-Tamara

Tamara Ottum, MLIS
Answerland Coordinator
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506<tel:%20(503)%20378-6506> | www.oregon.gov/osl<http://www.oregon.gov/osl>