[Answerland] Patron looking for book recommendations for gift

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Mon Nov 26 08:29:19 PST 2018

Thanks to Clark @ Eugene Public Library and Joanna @ Multhomah County Library for offering these suggestions!

*        Three Dark Crowns<https://kendareblake.com/writing/three-dark-crowns/> by Kendare Blake

*        Steeplejack<https://us.macmillan.com/books/9780765383433> by A.J. Hartley

*        Graceling<http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/hmhbooks/graceling/> by Kristin Cashore

*        The Gormenghast Novels<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39058.The_Gormenghast_Novels> by Mervyn Peake

From: Tamara Ottum
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:36 AM
To: answerland at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: Patron looking for book recommendations for gift

Hello Answerlanders,

A patron is looking for our help:

"My friend is a book fanatic but hasn't been able to find any that interest her. I was hoping to get her a good next book for Christmas. She is pretty picky so I was hoping for some help and suggestions on what to get her. She has read and enjoyed books like Harry Potter, Lockwood and co., Laviathan, and enjoys poetry like Edward Allen Poe. There are millions of books that she's read but these are the ones she has talked the most about. She is in love with angst in books and does enjoy slow burn romance as long as it doesn't interfere with the stories main plot. Love triangles are something that really make her hate a book. She is also a quick reader so a series would be preferable. The one thing she loved about Lockwood and Co was the depth of Lockwoods character. She also loves a book with a lot of vocabulary. After she read Laviathan she talked like they do in the book, using a lot of German words and speaking very properly. She rarely ever reads non fiction, so books with a fairytale sort of story would be best for her. Thank you for your time. "

You can find this question (#14098693) in the Shared Followup list in QuestionPoint.

To add a note:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Add Note, type in your note, and click Add Note again
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

To send a response to the patron:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Answer and write your response. If you have files to send to the patron, attach them here. Click Send Answer when you are finished.
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

-Tamara