[Answerland] Answerland Goings-On Oct 2018

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Wed Oct 3 08:42:57 PDT 2018

Answerland Goings-On, October 2018<https://answerland.org/2018/10/01/answerland-goings-on-october-2018/>
The Answerland newsletter is back! If you have questions or news to share, let me know! -Tamara, Answerland Coordinator

Annual Report
The FY18 Annual Report<https://answerland.org/answerlandannualreportfy18/> has been published. Take a look to see a summary of last year's activities, usage, and staffing.

Quality Team
The Answerland Quality Team<https://answerland.org/about-us/quality-team/> has been hard at work revamping the quality rubric<https://answerland.org/about-us/quality-team/>, best practices<https://answerlandblog.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/bestpracticesforqualitychatreference2.pdf>, and Quality Team webpage<https://answerland.org/about-us/quality-team/>. They are looking for mentors<https://answerland.org/get-involved/mentor-a-librarian/> to help guide the next generation of Answerlanders; apply<https://goo.gl/forms/u51DazilxfKHJEkr1> today!

Assessment
The year-long assessment project has come to a close. See the final report<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-_Id1eGCfG_KdhuBAcS2iKe5pZKZO6Yps_6-tMvO4x0/edit?usp=sharing> for results and recommendations. One of the outcomes of that project is the formation of a subgroup to investigate new software options and service models. Stay tuned for findings...

Patrons Chat Back
Recent comments from our survey...

  *   "I'm impressed with the way the question was handled; not an answer directly, but a guided support to find the answer myself."
  *   "Chat was friendly and helpful and they left a note for my librarian to get back to me for some additional help."
  *   "Thanks for offering this service! It sure helped me without having to go to the library first."
  *   "The librarian I was connected to was very helpful in recommending titles at my local library that would provide the information I was looking for!"
  *   "Very prompt and convenient! Keep it up!"
  *   "I was very happy with the service. It steered me in the right direction, and the librarian was very helpful and precise. I appreciated it very much, and would not hesitate to use it again."

Tamara Ottum
Answerland Coordinator
answerland.org<https://answerland.org/>
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506<tel:%20(503)%20378-6506> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>