[Answerland] Answerland Goings-On Apr 2019

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Thu Apr 25 13:10:35 PDT 2019

Answerland Goings-On<https://answerland.org/2019/04/09/answerland-goings-on-apr-2019/>

April 2019
If you have questions or news to share, let me know! -Tamara, Answerland Coordinator (tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us>)

Coordinator on Leave This Summer
Tamara will be on parental leave later this summer (right now scheduled for July through September). Arlene Weible at the State Library (arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us>) will be providing Answerland support during her absence. During that time, Answerland will not being providing training, taking on new volunteers or partner libraries, or making major changes to the chat schedule.

Update on the QuestionPoint Chat Monitor Redesign
QuestionPoint has successfully implemented an updated chat interface for library staff. It is no longer based in Flash and includes enhancements such as automatic spellcheck, emoji's, and searchable scripts. Documentation and videos on the new interface are available on the QuestionPoint Support page<https://help.oclc.org/Discovery_and_Reference/QuestionPoint>. If you experience issues, please contact Tamara or OCLC Support (support at oclc.org<mailto:support at oclc.org>).

Join Us at the Reference Summit!
Join us at the Oregon Reference Summit<https://answerland.org/news-events/summit/> on May 31! In particular you won't want to miss Clare Sobotka and Joanna Milner talking about the Quality Team's "Improvements to Answerland Resources for Librarians."  There is also a social the night before, which is a great chance to hang out with Answerland and reference colleagues from around the state. Register<http://olaweb.org/oregon-reference-summit-2019> today!

New Tutorials
There are two new Answerland training tutorials available - one for new staff and one for volunteers. They are available from the Training & Events<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/answerland/training> page on the Answerland Staff Toolkit<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/answerland/home>. Feedback welcome!

Patrons Chat Back
Recent comments from our survey...

*       Staff was so very helpful and thoughtful!! I'm grateful for this service!!!

*       [The librarian] gave me steps to figure out why some of my emagaines wouldn't open to read while some would. Thank you for having this helpful service. Even at night when another library far away helps me, it is so nice to get help when I'm stuck.

*        I feel my librarian went above and beyond what was necessary to help me. I could not have found my article without her.

*       The chat feature made it very easy for me to resolve an issue with my account while I was at work. The librarian who assisted was quick and very helpful.

*       You saved my life. Whew! Thanks so much.

*       I really appreciate the help during my strict deadline. She was incredibly helpful and willing to go out of her way!

*       My contact person explored several avenues to give me the help I requested and even when I was ready to pursue the suggestions he came up with more answers. This person went overboard to be of assistance. His efforts are appreciated.

*       I was helped by two librarians and both were very patient with me. I can be a tad slow on the computer so this patience was very much appreciated.

*       The service was very helpful, and appreciated on a rainy Saturday when I was not on campus. Thanks!