[Answerland] Question to answer: looking for article citation

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Tue Sep 3 09:27:38 PDT 2019

Hello Answerlanders,

A fellow librarian is looking for our help:

"This may be a hard one, but I'm hoping the collective brainpower of all you Librarians can help me. Sometime in the mid-90s (I think), I heard about a single woman who decided to accept dates from any man who asked her out. She did this because she wanted to determine if she was missing out on meeting better men by ruling out certain guys who didn't fit her preconceived notion of who a good man to date should be like. Well, she ended up meeting a guy who I believe was about 10 years older than herself, and the guy had a kid, or kids, from a previous relationship. I could be wrong about how much older than her she was, and if he had kids, but I'm pretty sure these are part of the story. I also believe she lived in the Seattle area. I used to read The New Yorker a lot during the mid-90s so I may have read the story about this woman in this magazine. I'm looking for the article I read about this woman's story. A citation is fine. Thank you."

You can find this question (#14841392) in the Shared Followup list in QuestionPoint.

To add a note:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Add Note, type in your note, and click Add Note again
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

To send a response to the patron:
*        Open the question
*        Click Claim
*        Click Answer and write your response. If you have files to send to the patron, attach them here. Click Send Answer when you are finished.
*        Click Claim again
*        In the Refer To drop-down box, select Shared Followup and click the blue arrow

-Tamara

Tamara Ottum
Answerland Coordinator
answerland.org<https://answerland.org/>
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506<tel:%20(503)%20378-6506> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>