[Answerland] Answerland en español

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Thu Apr 23 14:50:19 PDT 2020

Hello Answerlanders,

Answerland now offers support for Spanish speaking patrons! On the Answerland website (answerland.org<https://answerland.org/>) are links to chat and email en español.

If you...
·         Get a chat in Spanish, you can transfer it to the Spanish queue; instructions are on page 5 of this document<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/ld.php?content_id=43900623>, and there is a script ("Español-Transfer") to use with the patron. Since the Spanish queue is staffed on a voluntary basis it is not always available; if that is the case, use the script "Español-Followup."
·         Want to set up your own local Spanish language queue, contact me.

A huge thank you to the bilingual library staff who are staffing the Spanish-language question queue, and are also helping translate web & promotional content:
·         Carly Garzón Vargas and Rodrigo Gaspar-Barajas @ Deschutes Public Library
·         Star Khan @ Driftwood Public Library
·         Phaedra Salcedo and Sarah White @ Eugene Public Library
·         Memo Pastrano and Raul Vergara @ Multnomah County Library
·         Dan Johnson, Gabriela Perez-Mendoza, Alma Plasencia, and Armando Trujilo @ Salem Public Library
·         Kristen Curé @ Springfield Public Library
·         Maria Beteran @ Chemeketa Community College
·         Sergio Lopez @ Mt Hood Community College
·         Bronwen Maxson @ University of Oregon

If you are interested in participating, let me know.

We will continue the Spanish queue in the new software; I will include instructions in the documentation I am putting together.

Let me know if you have questions!
-Tamara

Tamara Ottum
(she/her)
Answerland Coordinator
answerland.org<https://answerland.org/>
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506<tel:%20(503)%20378-6506> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>