[Answerland] Answerland Staff Scheduling Changes and Chat Privacy/Scrubbing Implementation

COX Jennifer * SLO Jennifer.COX at slo.oregon.gov
Wed May 11 13:53:53 PDT 2022

Good Afternoon Answerland Staff,

There are a couple of updates on Answerland operations that I would like to share with you today.

First, we are going into Summer term for schools, colleges and universities. There is a lot of vacation time taken in from late Summer through early Fall. I wanted to refresh you on the time off and permanent schedule change request procedures. There is a slight change in the procedure outlined below:

Permanent Scheduling Changes

If you only staff Answerland Cooperative Queue, schedule changes should be emailed directly to me jennifer.cox at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jennifer.cox at slo.oregon.gov> .

If you staff both a Global Public, Academic, La Cooperativa en Espagnol as well as Answerland Cooperative shift,  please fill out this Springshare form Permanent Schedule Change Form<https://247cooperative.libstaffer.com/form/permanent-schedule-change> and send an email to me so I can track the changes on our Answerland schedule matrix.

Temporary (Seasonal) or Vacation Scheduling

Note, if you are able to ask a colleague to take your shift, we always ask that you attempt to do this first. If you are asking for time off without being able to find a substitute for our shift, please fill out this Co-Op Time Off Request Form<https://247cooperative.libstaffer.com/form/time-off> and send me an email with the date(s) of your planned absence.

It's helpful to bookmark the forms for easy access to them later. I'll temporarily be putting link to these on the Libchat Status Messages and Alerts section through the end of this month. They are also accessible on the Libstaffer Homepage after you have logged in.

Privacy/Scrubbing of Chat Transcripts, Tickets and Attachments

An update with Springshare has allowed me to schedule regular scrubbing of transcripts, tickets and attachments. Please note that starting next week, Monday May 16th, Answerland will begin a regular scrubbing of patron data. This was planned by my predecessor Tamara Ottum and I believed this had been previously executed. It's been called to my attention that it has not been in place to date. This will not change individual librarian operations or access to your queue institution chat statistics. This email is to give notification that patron data will be removed on transcripts, tickets and attachment past 90 days as per previously agreed upon prior to my hire. This is a heads up since older transcripts and history past 90 days will look different starting next week.

Please feel free to reach out if you need clarification or have questions. Thank you, I appreciate your time and attention to this information.

Wishing you all a great Spring!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Cox, MLIS (she/her)
Virtual Reference Coordinator, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
jennifer.cox at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jennifer.cox at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-600-4992
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image001.png at 01D83387.BF0EF660]