[CAFR-Contacts-News] FY 2010 Preclosing Review Begins May 24

ROSS Kathryn * SCD SARS kathryn.ross at state.or.us
Wed May 19 15:36:51 PDT 2010

Hello CAFR Accountants,

With the close of Month 10 (April) on Friday, May 21, it is time once
again for the Preclosing Review. This process involves reviewing your
accounting records and recording any adjustments or corrections that may
be needed prior to year end.

To help with this review, we encourage you to use the Hyperion reports
on the Datamart Repository: the Balance Sheet (report 6620) and
Operating Statement (report 6610). These will be available Monday, May
24, with data as of May 21. If you need assistance to access the
repository, please contact Aaron Wallace, Senior Datamart Business
Analyst, at 503-373-7277 x281.

Another resource you may find helpful during Preclosing Review is the
Agency Guide to Year End Closing found at:
http://egov.oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS/index.shtml. The Agency Guide is
currently under review and will be available to agencies on Friday, May
21. From the menu on the right-hand side of the Web page, click on
"Agency Guide to YEC" and refer to Chapter C, which includes a helpful
checklist at the end of the chapter. If you are new to year end closing
and have not used the Datamart repository reports discussed in the
previous paragraph, please refer to Section D.4 of the Guide.

The web-based reports for Statewide Balancing (SWB) will be updated
after the closing dates for April (May 21) and May (June 21). In
addition, we will update the SWB reports after the close of June (July
16) and then again multiple times during Month 13. These reports are
accessible from the menu on the left-hand side of the Web page at:
http://egov.oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS/index.shtml.

Investing time now during Preclosing Review will contribute towards the
success of your upcoming year end closing activities. During the
Preclosing Review, your agency's SARS analyst will also review your
agency's records and provide comments to you.

We appreciate your continued support of the State's financial reporting
process.

Thanks,
Kathy

Kathryn Ross

Statewide Accounting & Reporting Manager

Oregon State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE, U-50

Salem, OR 97301

Phone:  (503) 373-7277, ext 253