[CAFR-Contacts-News] Reminder: Important Agency GASB 54 Training!

ROSS Kathryn * SCD SARS kathryn.ross at state.or.us
Fri Apr 15 12:36:23 PDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

If your agency has governmental funds, please mark your calendars!

SARS will present one more GASB 54 training session prior to the
year-end closing. It is critical that each agency with governmental
funds sends at least one representative to this training.
Preregistration is not required.

Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time: 9:00 AM

(We estimate the training will last 1.5 hours; however, we have reserved
the room for the entire morning so we have plenty of time to answer
questions.)

Location: Labor and Industries Building

                 Room 260

                 350 Winter Street NE

     Salem, OR

Topics to be covered:          Brief (very brief) overview of GASB 54

                                                GASB 54 codes and some
givens

                                                New D23 fund requests

New GL accounts in SFMA

                                                New t-codes in SFMA

                                                Where we are on moving
beginning fund balances

                                                Steps needed to
reclassify "reserved for XXX" fund balances

                                                Where we are on the
review of Special Revenue funds

                                                Moving D23 funds to GAAP
fund 0054, GASB 54 General Fund

Please contact your SARS analyst if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Kathy

Kathryn Ross

Statewide Accounting & Reporting Manager

Oregon State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE, U-50

Salem, OR 97301

Phone:  (503) 373-7277, ext 253

Fax:  (503) 378-3514

http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published

How are we doing?

Please complete our customer service survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCD_Feedback

Your opinion matters.

Thank You!