[CAFR-Contacts-News] FY 2011 Year End Closing and Training

ROSS Kathryn * SCD SARS kathryn.ross at state.or.us
Mon Jun 20 16:37:19 PDT 2011

Hello CAFR Accountants,

CAFR season is just around the corner!

The year-end closing for FY 2011 officially begins on July 18. As you
know, this process culminates in publication of Oregon's Comprehensive
Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The CAFR is critical to marketing
Oregon's state bond issues and is required by law. Completing the CAFR
on time and with the highest degree of accuracy requires a team effort
and we are counting on your help.

*         Schedule of Key Dates

A copy of the FY 2011 Schedule of Key Dates (including Gold Star dates)
is attached.

*         Agency Guide to Year-end Closing

Between now and July 15, please continue to work on the "preclosing"
review activities discussed in Chapter C of the Agency Guide and any
review comments submitted by your SARS analyst. See Section C.5 for the
Comprehensive Preclosing Review Checklist.

We are currently reviewing Chapters D through H and expect to have the
updates posted by the end of this week. Once completed, please refer to
Chapter D for helpful information about Month 13 activities.
http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS/agency_guide.shtml

*         Disclosure Forms

The General Disclosures and Debt Disclosures will be sent to you by your
SARS analyst as e-mail attachments later this week. These can be filled
out electronically and e-mailed back to SARS. The due date is August 26.

*      CAFR Contacts and SEFA Contacts Lists

The CAFR Contacts and SEFA Contacts Lists are on the SARS website at:
http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS/index.shtml. Click on the links in the
upper right corner of our home page.

If you need to update your agency's contacts, please use the fillable
form found at:
http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS/docs/Agency_Guide/I.1.UpdateCAFRContactLi
st.pdf.

Save a copy and email to your SARS analyst.

*         Year-end Training Reminder and Link to Materials