[CAFR-Contacts-News] FY 2011 Preclosing Review Begins May 16

ROSS Kathryn * SCD SARS kathryn.ross at state.or.us
Tue May 10 15:54:30 PDT 2011

Hello CAFR Accountants,

SARS will begin the annual Preclosing Review on Monday, May 16,
following the close of April. This process involves reviewing agencies'
accounting records to identify required adjustments and corrections as
early as possible so they can be made in advance of the year end close.

To help with this review, we encourage agencies to use the reports in
the Datamart Repository: the Balance Sheet (report 6620) and Operating
Statement (report 6610). These reports will be available on Monday, May
16, with data as of May 13. If you need assistance in accessing the
repository, please contact Aaron Wallace, Senior Datamart Business
Analyst, at 503-373-0269.

The Agency Guide to Year End Closing is another useful resource:
http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS/agency_guide.shtml

Chapter C of this guide, which includes a preclosing review checklist at
the end of the chapter, is currently being updated. The revision will be
available on or before Monday, May 16. Chapter D, Section D.4, contains
additional information on accessing the Datamart Repository

SARS will update the Statewide Balancing (SWB) reports after the close
of April (May 13) and May (June 17). In addition, we will update the SWB
reports after the close of June (July 15) and then again multiple times
during Month 13. Please use the SWB reports to make sure transactions
between your own funds and other agencies are in balance! These reports
are accessible at this link:
http://egov.oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS/swbreports.shtml

Investing time during the Preclosing Review will help to reduce the
workload at year end. We appreciate your continued support of the
state's financial reporting process. Please let us know if you have
questions.

Thanks,
Kathy

Kathryn Ross

Statewide Accounting & Reporting Manager

Oregon State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE, U-50

Salem, OR 97301

NEW Phone:  (503) 373-0265

Fax:  (503) 378-3514

http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published