[CAFR-Contacts-News] ORS links and an OAM out for comment

HAMILTON Robert W * CFO robert.w.hamilton at state.or.us
Tue Apr 8 09:54:47 PDT 2014

Hello CAFR Contacts,

Recently, the Oregon Legislature updated the web address for the Oregon Revised Statutes.  Unfortunately, this has caused the majority of the ORS links within the individual OAMs to no longer work.  SARS has decided that rather than update every ORS link within the OAM, we will maintain a link to the ORS website near the top of the OAM homepage.  Going forward, we will remove the ORS links from the existing OAM.  If no changes are made to the OAM except the removal of the ORS links, the effective date will not change.

In other news, the SARS team has developed a new OAM, 15.41.00 Withholding from Non-state Entities, which provides guidance on the accounting and financial reporting of withholding some state distributions, when allowed by statute, from a non-state entity.  We would greatly appreciate your emailed comments on this proposed OAM by end of the day, Friday, April 25.  We will discuss the comments we receive prior to posting a final version.

http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/CFO/SARS/Pages/oam_toc.aspx#OAM_Policies_Out_for_Comment

If you have any question, please contact your SARS analyst.

Thank you,

Rob

Robert W. Hamilton, CPA
Interim Lead Accountant
Statewide Accounting & Reporting Services
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Phone:  (503) 373-0299
http://oregon.gov/DAS/CFO/SARS<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS>

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published