[CAFR-Contacts-News] Resumption of the Accounts Receivable Core Committee and A/R training opportunity

HAMILTON Robert W * DAS Robert.W.HAMILTON at oregon.gov
Fri Mar 25 16:19:07 PDT 2016

Hello CAFR Contacts,

As I mentioned in a prior email, Gerold Floyd has joined SARS as a Senior Statewide Accounts Receivable Coordinator. Below is a little bit about Gerold as well as an invitation to be part of the Accounts Receivable Core Committee (ARCC). The ARCC has been very valuable and I really encourage agencies to participate. In addition, Gerold has included information about an upcoming accounts receivable training.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or Gerold.

Thanks very much.

Rob

I started my career at the Oregon Lottery in October 1994 as an accounting tech with a focus on customer service and accounts receivable.  After 11 years I came to DAS as the Statewide Accounts Receivable Management (SWARM) Coordinator.  I served in that capacity for over 5 years before being assigned to manage the Economic Recovery Executive Team in the Governor's office which was responsible for the implementation and reporting of Recovery Act grants received by Oregon agencies.  In August of 2013 I transferred to the DAS Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) to perform disaster recovery planning for critical state information technology infrastructure.

I am very happy to be back as the Senior Statewide Accounts Receivable Coordinator and I look forward to meeting the many agency staff who work hard every day to account for the funds owed to state agencies.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have about accounts receivable management.

I would like to welcome agency staff to the first monthly Accounts Receivable Core Committee on April 18, from 2:00 - 3:30 in conference room 260 at the Labor and Industries building (350 Winter Street NE, Salem).  This is a chance to meet in a peer group to discuss accounts receivable management and identify ways to improve and streamline the collections process.  I hope that you can make it and bring along other staff involved in the accounts receivable management for your agency.

I am also happy to announce that the Willamette University Institute for Modern Government in partnership with Professional Credit Service will be hosting a series of free lunch and learn seminars at the Willamette campus.  The first will be on Wednesday, April 27th from noon-2:00.  Please RSVP at www.professionalcredit.com/register<http://www.professionalcredit.com/register>.  The speaker will be Jon DuFrene, former Chief Financial Officer at the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), Manager of the Statewide Financial Service section responsible for the state's expanding e-commerce initiative, and special projects coordinator with the State Controller's Division responsible for the State Accounting System.

Gerold Floyd
Statewide Accounts Receivable Management
Department of Administrative Services
Chief Financial Office, Statewide Accounting and Reporting Services
www.oregon.gov/DAS/financial/acctng<http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/financial/acctng>