[CAFR-Contacts-News] SARS Long-term debt training

HAMILTON Robert W * DAS Robert.W.HAMILTON at oregon.gov
Wed May 11 11:13:21 PDT 2016

Good Morning CAFR Contacts,

As I announced in an email on April 20, SARS is will be holding a long-term debt training on Thursday, June 16, at the Employment Auditorium located at 875 Union Street NE in Salem. I'm happy to say that the training is now available on iLearn<https://ilearn.oregon.gov/Default.aspx>, keywords DAS, SARS, Debt Training. The training, led by SARS Senior Accounting Analysts Jane Moreland and Sangit Shrestha, will last from 8:00 am - 11:30 am, and CPE will be offered. This training is voluntary and any agency, not just those with long-term debt, will be able to send as many representatives as they wish, so please be sure to sign up early. The training will include handouts and in-class exercises.

Here is the agenda:

Overview of Oregon debt
Determining the appropriate fund structure
Recording the initial debt issuance
Recording debt service payments
Recording year-end transactions
Disclosure requirements
Learning opportunities.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Rob

Robert W. Hamilton, CPA
Statewide Accounting and Reporting Services Manager
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Phone:  (503) 373-0299
http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/financial/acctng

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published