[CAFR-Contacts-News] OAM out for comment - Statewide Travel Policy

HAMILTON Robert W * DAS Robert.W.HAMILTON at oregon.gov
Thu May 18 09:57:08 PDT 2017

Hello CAFR Contacts,

SARS has placed the Statewide Travel Policy (OAM 40.10.00) out-for-comment based on two updates we felt were warranted.

1.     We created a new paragraph, 130, for insurance requirements when an employee uses their own vehicle for state business.  The language used is based on OAR 125-155 and was developed in concert with DAS Risk Management.  The insurance requirements are not new, and have been included on the second page of the authorization to use private vehicle (AUPV) form for some time.  We felt the information was important enough to be included in the policy.

2.     We modified what was formerly paragraph 131 (now 132) to remove the sentence noting that "reduction of expense should only be used when doing so meets the guidelines and expected results as outlined in OAM 20.40.00." Based on conversations with CFO and LFO, all receipts for sponsored travel should be recorded as revenue.

Other changes are only to update paragraph references based on the insertion of a new paragraph described above.

Here is a link to the proposed OAM: http://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Documents/40.10.00%20Travel%20Policy.pdf

The comment period will close at the end of the day on Wednesday, May 31.  Please direct any comments to me.

Thank you,

Rob

Robert W. Hamilton, CPA
Statewide Accounting and Reporting Services Manager
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Phone:  (503) 373-0299
http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/financial/acctng

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published