[CAFR-Contacts-News] Invitation to participate in GASB implementation teams

HAMILTON Robert W * DAS Robert.W.HAMILTON at oregon.gov
Fri Aug 24 11:00:54 PDT 2018

Hello CAFR Contacts,

I'm writing to invite you or others from your agency to be part of the state's implementation of two upcoming GASB standards: No. 84 Fiduciary Activities and No. 87 Leases. As these will be separate implementation teams, feel free to participate in one or both.

The objective of the implementation teams is to tackle the issues agencies will face as these standards become effective, which will be here before we know it.  We feel that the implementation of these standards will be greatly improved by agency involvement, as there are some significant operational aspects to these standards.  At this point, we're looking to determine who would be interested before we put together a meeting schedule and specific implementation topics. Generally speaking however, I expect that these groups will help inform some of the operational aspects of the implementation that may be used in an OAM and implementation tools that may be used by agencies statewide to assist in their implementation efforts.

GASB 84, Fiduciary Activities is effective July 1, 2019 (FY 2020) and the implementation team will be facilitated by SARS' Barbara Homewood and Alex Medina.

GASB 87, Leases is effective July 1, 2020 (FY 2021) and the implementation team will be facilitated by SARS' Barb Watson and Alyssa Engelson.

Both GASB 84 and GASB 87 can be accessed by through this website: https://www.gasb.org/jsp/GASB/Page/GASBSectionPage&cid=1176160042391

If you are interested in the being part of one or both implementation teams, please let me know by close of business on Friday, September 7.

Thank you,

Rob

Robert W. Hamilton, CPA
Statewide Accounting and Reporting Services Manager
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Phone:  (503) 373-0299
http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/financial/acctng

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published