[CAFR-Contacts-News] Save the Date for Trainings + FY 2019 Schedule of Key Dates

HAMILTON Robert W * DAS Robert.W.HAMILTON at oregon.gov
Mon Apr 22 16:54:23 PDT 2019

Hello CAFR Contacts,

Please save the date for these two trainings, both of which will be held at the Employment Department Auditorium, located at 875 Union Street in Salem:

1.     FY 2019 Year-end Close Training - to be held in the morning.  This is a Gold Star Date

2.     Long-term Debt Training, beginning at 8 am.  This is a voluntary training.

We expect to have the trainings up on iLearn shortly, but we wanted to let you know as soon as we could.

These are in addition to the GASB 84 Fiduciary Activities training occurring May 23 from 9 am - 11 am, also at the Employment Auditorium.  That training is already available on iLearn (search SARS).  GASB 84 Fiduciary Activities is effective July 1 and we expect it will impact most state agencies.  Please plan on attending this informative training, which will include a panel of state agency representatives sharing what they're doing to implement the standard.

Further, the FY 2019 Schedule of Key Dates has been posted to our website, which is located in Chapter A of the Agency Guide to Year-end Close: https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Documents/ch.a.currentyearschedule.pdf.  Similarly, the Gold Star Award Criteria has been updated, which is on our homepage: https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Documents/Gold%20Star%20Award%20Criteria.pdf

If you have any questions, please let know.

Thanks,

Rob

Robert W. Hamilton, CPA
Statewide Accounting and Reporting Services Manager
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Phone:  (503) 373-0299
http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/financial/acctng

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published