[CAFR-Contacts-News] SARS Long-Term Debt Training - Registration Open in iLearn!

CHASE Stacey A * DAS Stacey.A.CHASE at oregon.gov
Wed May 8 09:15:51 PDT 2019

Good morning CAFR Contacts!

I'm pleased to announce that SARS will be providing another long-term debt accounting training opportunity. The training is scheduled for Thursday, June 27 at the Employment Auditorium, located at 875 Union Street NE, in Salem from 8:00am - 11:30am. Senior Accounting Analyst Sangit Shrestha and I will be presenting this year's training. CPE will be available.

The long-term debt training is voluntary and any agency, not just those with long-term debt, may send as many representatives as they wish. The training will include handouts and in-class exercises.

The training agenda is as follows:

- Overview of Oregon Debt
- Determining the Appropriate Fund Structure
- Recording the Initial Debt Issuance
- Recording Debt Service Payments
- Refunding a Debt Issue
- Recording Year End Transactions
- Disclosure Requirements
- GASB 88

Registration is now open in iLearn<https://ilearn.oregon.gov/ContentDetails.aspx?id=47ECC087826C4C99AA8CC97456AD5AB4>. Space is limited, so reserve your seat today!

Sangit and I look forward to seeing you in June. Have a great day!

Stacey A. Chase
Senior Financial Reporting & Policy Analyst
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Phone: (503) 947-8567
https://www.oregon.gov/das/financial/acctng/pages/index.aspx

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published