[CAFR-Contacts-News] New State Fund Group 2020: COVID-19 Federal Stimulus Funds

CHASE Stacey A * DAS Stacey.A.CHASE at oregon.gov
Tue Mar 31 14:37:18 PDT 2020

Good afternoon.

CAFR contacts,
Thank you for the feedback received yesterday regarding the potential agency impacts affiliated with implementing a new State Fund Group to track COVID-19 federal stimulus package funds (e.g. CARES Act). I appreciate your candid responses which were used to identify where clarification was needed and to ascertain the level of effort required by agencies to implement a new State Fund Group.

As we learned late yesterday afternoon from the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers (NASACT), the new federal stimulus package reporting requirements will be similar to those imposed in 2009 when the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds were distributed. In anticipation of the new federal stimulus fund reporting requirements, SARS proceeded with the creation of State Fund Group 2020 entitled COVID-19 Federal Stimulus Packages-2020. As previously discussed, things are changing quickly each day and though much is still unknown we are doing our best to anticipate the needs of the state for ease in meeting reporting requirements in the future.

Agency responsibility
State agencies that receive new or additional funds associated with the federal stimulus packages (e.g. CARES Act) should create a new SFMA D23 Fund Profile that includes reference to State Fund Group 2020. New PCA profiles will be necessary as well as grant reporting profile requirements as referenced in OAM 15.42.00<https://www.oregon.gov/das/financial/acctng/documents/15.42.00.pdf>, where applicable.

Costs anticipated to be reimbursed by FEMA for direct COVID-19 response costs (e.g. staff assigned to the ECC) are not impacted by the new State Fund Group. Agencies with direct costs related to the COVID-19 emergency response efforts should continue to use the statewide project and phase number COVID1 19.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Stacey A. Chase
Senior Financial Reporting & Policy Analyst
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Phone: (503) 947-8567
https://www.oregon.gov/das/financial/acctng/pages/index.aspx

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published