[CAFR-Contacts-News] Updated COVID-19 Cost Tracking FAQs - 5/14/2020

CHASE Stacey A * DAS Stacey.A.CHASE at oregon.gov
Thu May 14 14:38:03 PDT 2020

Good afternoon CAFR Contacts!

The COVID-19 Cost Tracking FAQs were updated and are now available on the SARS website via the following link: https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Documents/COVID-19%20Cost%20Tracking%20FAQs.pdf.

Please note the following FAQ revisions:

Q&A 2.1: Revised to include "direct response" to specify the intended use of the COVID1-19 statewide project/phase number.

A 2.2: Revised to include one additional agency exception (Oregon Department of Education).

Q&A 2.3: Revised to include the IRTCVD-19 statewide project/phase number.

A 3.1: Revised to include "Special Payments" as one of the cost categories to report.

Q&A 3.4: Revised to include "direct response" to specify which "estimated" costs are not subject to weekly reporting.

A 3.9: Revised to include "in relation to" costs as part of the data required to be reported.

A 3.16: Revised to include reference to new question (3.19).

**New** Q&A 3.19: How do we report "in relation to" costs to ECC using the new statewide Project Code and Phase?

**New** Q&A 3.20: How do we report April "in relation to" payroll costs that did not post to statewide Project Code "IRTCVD" and Phase "19"?

**New** Q&A 3.21: How do we report non-payroll related "in relation to" costs that did not post to the statewide Project Code "IRTCVD" and Phase "19"?

**New** Q&A 3.22: When the agency generates the weekly IR Studio report using the "Proc Date" sometimes an amount is included from the prior week because the R*STARS payment batch was entered on Friday and not released until the following Monday. How do we report the information to ECC?

In addition to the updated FAQs, the guidance for establishing the "in relation to" R*STARS Project Code "IRTCVD" and Phase "19" is now available on the SARS website via the following link: https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Documents/COVID-19%20In%20Relation%20To%20Enterprise%20Cost%20Tracking%20-%20Updated%20Agency%20Communication.pdf.

For specific questions associated with tracking and reporting COVID-19 costs, ECC Finance (eccfinance at mil.state.or.us<mailto:eccfinance at mil.state.or.us>) is your best resource.

Have a great day.

Stacey A. Chase
Senior Financial Reporting & Policy Analyst
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Phone: (503) 947-8567
https://www.oregon.gov/das/financial/acctng/pages/index.aspx

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published