[Ctegrants] Update on CTE Grants

Kate Newhall kate.newhall at state.or.us
Tue Feb 28 10:35:37 PST 2012

Many of you have inquired about the status of the CTE Revitalization
Grants as the Legislative session is winding down.  While we don’t yet
have final confirmation, please find attached the most recent version of
the Oregon Legislature Co-Chair Budget Rebalance Plan.

Based on this summary, we can expect the CTE Revitalization Grant to be
funded at a 3.5% reduction from the proposed $2,000,000.00 grant
identified by the 2011 Oregon Legislature. However, this grant is still
subject to final approval by the 2012 legislature and some further
clarification about how the 3.5% cut will be applied.

Additional information regarding this grant will be posted on the ODE
Website and through the CTE Revitalization Grant list serv.

Thank you for your patience and relentless support of Career and
Technical Education in Oregon.

Kate Newhall
Legislative Director
Bureau of Labor and Industries