[Ctegrants] CTE Revitalization Grant- Suspended pending Feb session

Kate Newhall kate.newhall at state.or.us
Tue Jan 10 17:07:52 PST 2012

Please see attached memo from the Department of Education re: the suspension of CTE Revitalization Grant funds.  At this point, we know the Legislature and DAS have instructed the Department of Education not to release any funds until after the February session, but they are still maintaining the Feb. 10, 2012 deadline for applications.  Also included in this attachment is a Q&A of issues you might be asking.

While this is bad news, I know the Labor Commissioner will also be working very hard (along with our diverse group of advocates) during the February session to make sure these funds are not reduced.  Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in helping with the legislative effort during the February to maintain these funds.  We can and will save this important grant!!!!

Kate Newhall
Legislative Director
Bureau of Labor and Industries
971-673-0786 office