[Ctegrants] CTE Grant- Update on 2/10 submission deadline

Kate Newhall kate.newhall at state.or.us
Mon Jan 23 13:58:36 PST 2012

Please see attached memo from the Department of Education regarding the CTE Revitalization Grant and the application deadline.  Based on feedback from many of you, the February 10, 2012 submission date has instead become a deadline to submit an initial Application of Intent.

With this slightly revised time line, grant recipients will still be poised to begin their implementation plan before the end of the school year.  We will know the status of the grant funding by the close of the 2012 legislative session and will be able to resume the grant process pretty close to the original time line, which ensured adequate planning, budgeting and implementation time for the 2012-2013 school year.

Please feel free to contact me or Laura Roach if you have any questions.  We (and the diverse coalition of advocates that worked to pass HB 3362) will be working hard to make sure that this critical investment is not reduced in February.  Let me know if you have questions about that effort!

Kate Newhall
Legislative Director
Bureau of Labor and Industries
971-673-0786 office