[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] Important Update - PLEASE READ

LUTH Cheryll * HRSD PERS cheryll.luth at state.or.us
Tue Feb 28 10:01:00 PST 2012

This message outlines important changes.

Contact Changes:

The DAS HRSD Centralized PERS Services Team is streamlining the work
flow received through email by transitioning to just one email address
for ALL incoming requests. In making this change, we ask that agencies
no longer contact individual employees' directly. This change will
ensure that our customers receive a consistent, timely response even
when one of us may be out of the office. Effective immediately please
use the following address for all email requests:

Central.PERSServicesteam at das.state.or.us

To minimize delays and clearly identify the subject of your request, we
need everyone to use a standardized 'subject' line format beginning with
the agency PERS Employer Number (i.e.  ER####), followed by the employee
name and then the EIN/OR#. For example:  ER1050 Mickey Mouse OR1234567.

Agencies will keep the same contact person from our unit. You can find
the most current listing at:

http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/HR/HRSS.shtml#Centralized_PERS_Team

Status Check Changes:

We have new Status Check forms on our web site.  Effective March 15th we
can no longer process from the old form due to the additional necessary
information needed for processing requests with accuracy.

Prior to 8/5/2011, if an employee had terminated state service and
withdrawn just their IAP, leaving their pension account intact, upon
returning to a PERS qualifying position, statute required that another
IAP waiting period be served.  These cases are referred to as "partial
withdrawals".  This created an administrative burden so PERS presented
legislation in the 2011 session to eliminate the requirement to serve
another IAP waiting period.  This allowed individuals who returned to a
PERS qualifying position on or after 8/5/2011, to be eligible for IAP
contributions upon hire.

Employees who withdrew their IAP and returned to a PERS qualifying
position prior to 8/5/11 will have a "PW" in the "Needs Wait Time"
column on the Status Check form.  Employees who withdrew their IAP and
returned to a PERS qualifying position on of after 8/5/2011, will be
marked as "Eligible Upon Hire".  All other employees needing a regular
wait time will be marked with an "X" in the "Needs Wait Time" column.

PERS Electronic Reporting:

The 2012 Pay Days and PERS Report Loading Dates schedule is available on
our web site. It shows when data is pulled from OSPA and PPDB to be sent
to PERS. You can use this schedule to determine if employee name
changes, address changes, wages, etc. have been reported to PERS.

Please keep an eye out for future list serv notifications from our unit.
If you have employee's who are not on this list serv and you would like
them to be, please have them go to the web site below to register:

ervices_team

Thank you for your time.

DAS HRSD Centralized PERS Services Team

Cheryll Luth

HR Services Analyst

DAS Human Resource Services

Centralized PERS Team

Phone: (503) 378-5098

FAX: (503) 378-4596

http://oregon.gov/DAS/HR <http://oregon.gov/DAS/HR>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: All information in this e-mail, including
attachments, is approved solely for delivery to and authorized use by
intended recipients. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction
of this message and/or any of its attachments by unintended recipients
is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended
recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then
delete it from your system.

SL2