[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] Third Communication Regarding OPSRP Contribution Start Date Changes

Central PERS Services Team * DAS Central.PERSServicesTeam at oregon.gov
Mon Oct 6 12:14:23 PDT 2014

This communication is to update agencies on the progress of the OPSRP Contribution Start Date change.

DAS Centralized PERS Services Team

1.    We have obtained data from the PPDB Group and processed all of the PA codes 141 and 142 for all agencies with hire dates of June 4, 2013 - January 2, 2014.  Our team has corrected these accounts in the Employer Data Exchange (EDX - our side of the PERS system).

2.    Communication has been sent to all the affected agencies requesting P060 adjustments.

3.    The team will continue to work suspended accounts with 2014 contribution start dates for employees with hire date PA codes other than 141 and 142.  Communications will continue to be sent to agencies regarding these accounts as the team works additional suspended accounts for agencies.
Agencies

1.    Continue to work communication from our team requesting changes as soon as possible.  This will ensure the PERS account will not continue to suspend and that transactions are processed within the current OSPA Tax Year.

2.    Do not make changes in OSPA for 2013 and prior.  When PERS notifies us regarding action on 2013 and prior, agencies will receive communication from our team with further instructions.

3.    Agencies will use the new PERS Contribution Start Date Guides http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/CPERS/Pages/dates.aspx for all OPSRP employees hired from January 3, 2014 forward and enter the appropriate pay period end date in the Retirement Start Date Field on the OSPA P010 Screen.

-          This will ensure the agency receives the E357-020 Employees Eligible for Participation in Retirement report each month with enough time to process the P010 entries prior to the Run 1 OSPA Final Cutoff (OSPA does not go back and recalculate run 1 for PERS purposes when the P010 screen is updated on Run 2).

-          Please be sure to use the correct year in the Retirement Start Date field as we near the start of a new tax year.

If you have questions concerning this change or how to use the PERS Contributions Start Date Guide for OPSRP Employees, please contact your DAS Centralized PERS Services Team analyst.  http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/CPERS/Pages/index.aspx

Thank you,
Centralized PERS Services Team