[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] Reminder Regarding No DOB or SSN & Notification of a New Form

Central PERS Services Team * DAS Central.PERSServicesTeam at oregon.gov
Wed Feb 25 08:36:44 PST 2015

Good morning.

The DOB should not be included in e-mails or faxes when sending correction requests to our office for PERS account updates. The DOB is considered private for HIPAA purposes.  The information will need to be updated in PPDB first and then we will look-up and use the PPDB screen dates to process the request.

The SSN should not be included in emails or faxes when sending correction requests to our office for PERS account updates.  The SSN is protected under the Privacy Act.  We will ensure that the data is corrected based upon the information we receive from the PPDB Group and/or PPDB screens.

Agencies can elect to fill out our new form located on our website at the following link.  The form is called "Employee Information Change Request" http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/CPERS/Pages/form.aspx.  These forms can be filled out and dropped off at the OSPS Help Desk drop box on the 2nd floor of DAS West if they contain the SSN or DOB.

When sending e-mail requests to our central mailbox at central.persservicesteam at oregon.gov<mailto:central.persservicesteam at oregon.gov> please address the subject line with the employer number (ER####), the employee's first and last name (Micky Mouse) and the employee's EIN/OR# (OR#######).  This will help us manage the workflow through our unit as well as with efficiency in response time.

Thank you for your consideration in helping protect employee personal information.

Please be sure to send/reply all responses to our central mailbox at central.persservicesteam at oregon.gov

Centralized PERS Services Team
DAS Enterprise Goods and Services
Financial Business Systems
FAX: (503) 378-4596

http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/CPERS/Pages/index.aspx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: All information in this e-mail, including attachments, is approved solely for delivery to and authorized use by intended recipients. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.

SL2