[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] **ACTION NEEDED** Retiree's & On-Call Hours

TOBIASSON Shauna M * DAS Shauna.M.TOBIASSON at oregon.gov
Tue Aug 14 11:33:41 PDT 2018

Good morning agency HR & Payroll partners,

PERS recently clarified that when a retiree works "on-call" or "stand by" these hours count as hours worked. This is applicable whether they choose to take the hours in pay or comp time.

This means the hours that a retiree codes as on-call or stand by, count towards their maximum (PERS 1039.99 hours max or OPSRP 599.99 max) at the time in which they are worked.

We are making programming changes to begin reporting these hours to PERS effective January 1st, 2019.  Starting immediately we request that you begin notifying your working retirees so they are aware that they need to keep an eye on these hours along with all other work hours to ensure they don't exceed their maximum. Please update any resources you provide to include this information.

There are multiple on-call codes and each has a specific hour conversion. Please refer to your applicable collective bargaining agreement for information on the hour conversion. We will report whole hours according to the conversion, for example, if an employee codes OCA, one hour will be reported for every 6 hours worked.

Thank you,

Shauna Tobiasson
Senior Retirement Services Analyst
Centralized PERS Services Team