[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] Retiree Hours Worked

TOBIASSON Shauna M * DAS Shauna.M.TOBIASSON at oregon.gov
Thu Nov 8 07:03:50 PST 2018

Good afternoon HR & Payroll partners,

You recently received correspondence from us about retiree's working on-call hours. This seemed like a great time to clarify that all paid hours count towards the hour limit a retiree can work.

All hours that a retiree codes as sick leave, vacation leave, stand by, on-call, comp time used, and comp time paid off count towards their maximum (PERS 1039.99 hours max or OPSRP 599.99 max) at the time in which they are worked.

Since these hours are reported to PERS on our monthly file after they have been worked/paid, it is critical that agencies and retirees track these hours to ensure retirees do not go over the maximum limits.

There are additional resources<https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Payroll/Documents/Returning%20to%20Work%20as%20a%20PERS%20Retiree.pdf> available on our webpage regarding working after retirement, and you are welcome to contact your CPERS Analyst anytime for assistance.

Sincerely,

Shauna Tobiasson
Senior Retirement Services Analyst
Centralized PERS Services Team