[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] IMPORTANT INFO **** PERS Status Checks Required ****

TOBIASSON Shauna M * DAS Shauna.M.TOBIASSON at oregon.gov
Tue Jul 9 16:19:21 PDT 2019

HR & Payroll Professionals,

Centralized PERS is encountering an increase in employees having incorrect PERS Class Plan coding in Workday. This is most commonly due to the PERS status check not having been completed.

It is the responsibility of the person entering the new hire into Workday to contact PERS and complete the status check process. Do not make a guess or set up a temporary PERS class plan. There is a status check reminder prompt in Workday to initiate this process, it is not intended to replace the fax/call to PERS.

You must be authorized by the CPERS unit to be able to obtain a status check from PERS. We are currently in the process of updating these authorizations. Please work with your CPERS Analyst if you need this authorization added for someone at your agency.

I have included below an email sent in February that explains the status check and the system implications in detail for those who may not be aware of the financial impacts of setting up the incorrect PERS coding in Workday.

If you have any questions about this process please contact me or your CPERS Analyst<mailto:Central%20PERS%20Services%20Team%20*%20DAS%20%3cCentral.PERSServicesTeam at oregon.gov%3e>.

Sincerely,

Shauna Tobiasson | Senior CPERS Analyst | DAS-EGS-CPERS
Ph: 503-378-6372 | shauna.m.tobiasson at oregon.gov<mailto:shauna.m.tobiasson at oregon.gov>