[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] PERS Class Plan Guide & Conversion Update ** Action Needed**

TOBIASSON Shauna M * DAS Shauna.M.TOBIASSON at oregon.gov
Thu Jul 1 09:13:31 PDT 2021

Greetings HR & Payroll Partners,

I am happy to report the PERS Class Plan conversion was a success AND post-conversion clean-up has been completed! A HUGE thank you to the Workday team for all their hard work on this project!!

Some key points and actions needed from agencies going forward:

1.       Please utilize the new PERS Class Plan Worksheet<https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Payroll/Pages/cpers.aspx> to determine which PERS Class Plan & P010 codes to use for new employees. This can be found on the CPERS website under "Resources".

2.       During post conversion clean-up we noticed some employees working in positions classified as Police & Fire in Workday, but coded in OSPA (P010) with a general service rate. This is problematic and may result in an annual invoice from CPERS if the correct rate is not being paid through payroll. I highly encourage all agencies to review and audit their positions to be sure the correct rate is being sent. The HCM Current Worker Report" in WD can be used for this purpose in combination with P010 data.

3.       During post conversion clean-up we noticed many retiree positions set up in OSPA without employer contributions. (Having an "N" in the RTMT SYST field on P010 means that employer contributions are not being sent to PERS). With the passage off SB1049 employer contributions are due on all working retirees beginning January 1, 2020. We will be reaching out to agency payroll staff individually to make corrections. These errors may also result in an annual invoice from CPERS.

If you have any questions about this update or the follow-up work being requested here, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Shauna Tobiasson | Senior CPERS Analyst | DAS-EGS-CPERS
Shauna.m.tobiasson at oregon.gov<mailto:Shauna.m.tobiasson at oregon.gov> | Ph: 971-719-3173
Website: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."  ― Ralph Waldo Emerson