[Datamart-News] Datamart Resource Reduction

ROSS Kathryn * SCD SARS kathryn.ross at state.or.us
Thu Jun 18 16:43:59 PDT 2009

Resource Reduction for Datamart Support Effective April 1, 2009

As the result of budget cuts effective April 1, 2009, the State
Controller's Division lost .5 FTE assigned to providing technical
support for the Datamart. This budget reduction is ongoing and will not
be added back in the next biennium. The Datamart team is now staffed
with one full-time Business Analyst and one half-time Systems Analyst.

How Does This Affect Datamart Customers?

Although the projects may take longer, the Datamart team will continue
to focus its IT resources on the On Demand server migration and
upgrading the DB2 Database from version 8.2 to 9.5. The roll-out of
agency training on using the On Demand server will be delayed.

The Query Tool Replacement Project is moving forward, but delays have
already occurred, due not only to the reduction in direct IT support,
but also to an overall reduction in IT resources allocated to enterprise
projects. At this point, we do not know what priority ranking will be
assigned to this project.

The Datamart team will continue to provide agencies with technical
assistance; however, response times may be slower. The Datamart team is
also involved in various "transparency" projects to meet state and
federal reporting requirements that may take precedence over other
projects and requests.

These are stressful times and we understand that other agencies are
experiencing similar reductions in resources. As our customer, we felt
it was important to provide you a status update. Currently, we do not
anticipate canceling our major Datamart projects or services. However,
there is no doubt that our forward progress and ability to respond
quickly have been diminished.

Linda Flicker

Sr. Datamart Business Analyst

State Controller's Division-SARS

(503) 373-7277 Ext. 281

Kathryn Ross

Statewide Accounting & Reporting Manager

Oregon State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE, U-50

Salem, OR 97301

Phone:  (503) 373-7277, ext 253