[Datamart-News] Connecting Excel to the Datamart
FLICKER Linda * SCD SARS
linda.flicker at state.or.us
Tue Jun 9 09:47:41 PDT 2009
Last week I asked if anyone knew how to connect Excel to the Datamart. A
fellow Datamart user sent in the instructions below. I hope you find it
Steps in Excel:
1. From the main menu, select Data -> Import External Data -> Import
2. Click the 'New Source' button.
3. Select Other/advanced from the list of options, then click 'Next'
4. If attempting to connect to DB2, select the IBM OLE DB Provider for
DB2, then click then click 'Next'
5. Ensure the 'Existing data source' radio button is selected, then
choose your data source discussed above from the drop-down list.
5. Enter your User ID and Password provided to you by the data source
stewards, then click 'Test Connection'.
6. Make sure the Allow saving password checkbox is not selected. This
is for security reasons and also to prevent the system from trying to
use your existing password to connect after you next change your
7. Click 'OK'
8. The Database alias should have your data source pre-selected, but if
not select it from the associated drop-down box.
9. Enter your User ID and Password in the associated fields and select
the Shared radio button.
10. Click 'OK'
11. Select the table/view you are interested in, then click 'Next'.
12. In the File Name text box, enter the name you want for the odc. In
the future, you will simply connect using the odc.
13. Click 'Finish'.
14. You will now be back at the Select Data Source window with your new
odc selected for you. Click 'Open'.
15. You should see an Import Data window asking where you want the data
placed. Just go ahead and click 'OK'.
16. A connection window opens with your User ID pre-selected. Enter
your Password and click 'OK'.
Sr. Datamart Business Analyst
State Controller's Division-SARS
(503) 373-7277 Ext. 281
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Datamart-News