[DLCD-Rulemaking] Citizen Involvement Advisory Committee Recruitment Extended
Tuttle, Casaria R.
casaria.r.tuttle at state.or.us
Thu Dec 22 11:11:12 PST 2011
December 22, 2011 - Recruitment extended to January 30!!
Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD) and the Land Conservation and Development Commission (LCDC) are seeking a volunteer to serve as a member of the state's Citizen Involvement Advisory Committee (CIAC). CIAC is an eight-person committee that advises the LCDC on citizen involvement in land use planning. Members of CIAC are advocates for citizen involvement serving a critical role in the statewide land use planning process. This appointment will run January 2012 through December 2015.
The committee meets approximately ten times a year. For four of these meetings, members meet together in Salem; other meetings are also held in Salem but CIAC members attend on line.. Regular attendance is expected of appointed CIAC members. The State of Oregon (DLCD) pays travel costs to the quarterly meetings in Salem.
This committee is established by state law in order to assure widespread citizen involvement in all phases of the Oregon land use planning process. CIAC's work centers on Statewide Planning Goal 1: Citizen Involvement. The committee advises LCDC and helps further the statewide goal through activities such as:
* Advising LCDC, state, and local officials about ways to enhance citizen involvement;
* Reviewing local government changes to citizen involvement plans;
* Gathering and disseminating information about citizen involvement techniques; and
* Writing materials to educate and inform Oregonians about citizen involvement.
Additional information about CIAC is available on the Web at: http://www.oregon.gov/LCD/citizeninvolvement.shtml. Interested candidates are welcome to contact any of the current CIAC members for more information about duties and activities.
Submit completed applications to DLCD by 5 p.m. on Monday, January 30, 2012.
* Four letters of recommendation and/or references
* Answers to four questions below (Please answer on a separate sheet of paper.)
1. Please explain why you are interested in this position.
2. Please explain any involvement you have had with community planning or citizen involvement committees.
3. Please explain any experience you have had in writing, editing or producing educational materials.
4. Please explain any involvement you have had with state, regional or local advisory boards.
Please send application materials to:
Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development
Attn: Bob Rindy
635 Capitol St. NE, Suite 150
Salem, OR 97301
Alternatively, you can submit your application by:
E-MAIL: bob.rindy at state.or.us<mailto:bob.rindy at state.or.us>
Casaria Tuttle | Rules, Records & Policy Coordinator/Asst to Deputy Director
Oregon Dept. of Land Conservation and Development
635 Capitol Street NE, Suite 150 | Salem, OR 97301-2540
Office: (503) 373-0050 ext. 322 | Fax: (503) 378-5518
casaria.r.tuttle at state.or.us<mailto:casaria.r.tuttle at state.or.us> | www.oregon.gov/LCD<http://www.oregon.gov/LCD>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DLCD-Rulemaking