[DV_listserv] DV Awareness Month

Domestic Violence issues dv_listserv at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Mon Oct 31 10:14:43 PDT 2011

Good Morning and Happy Halloween!

While October 31st is Halloween, it also marks the end of DV Awareness Month (DVAM).

Since the end of DVAM usually also coincides with the beginning of the flu season, I've attached an article written by Casey Gwinn a couple of years ago. You might recall that 2009 saw a large number of cases of "swine" flu which caused a bit of a panic. Hopefully, we will not see a similiar flu epidemic this year, but I thought the article was still relevant and makes some powerful points.

The other articles and images are from two cities in Oregon.

Have a safe Halloween,

Erin

Casey Gwinn article:
http://www.biscmi.org/archives/CaseyGwinnBlogMay2009.pdf

Medford DV Rally article:
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111030/NEWS/110300329

Photos from Medford DV Rally:
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/_flash/gallery/gallery.html&Site=MM&Date=20111029&Category=MEDIA01&ArtNo=102909999&Ref=PH

Bend DV Murder trial article:
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/10/bend_man_on_trial_for_murder_i.html

*****CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE*****

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.