[Erate] FW: USAC's Schools and Libraries News Brief UPDATE
Sabrina.Carson at wesd.org
Mon Aug 31 14:29:38 PDT 2009
Please see the final reminder email regarding the USAC IT upgrade below.
e-Rate and Procurement Customer Support
Willamette Education Service District
2611 Pringle Rd SE
Salem, OR 97302
From: SL News Brief [mailto:SLNewsBrief at lists.universalservice.org]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 12:12 PM
To: Carson, Sabrina
Subject: USAC's Schools and Libraries News Brief UPDATE
USAC IT Upgrade
August 31, 2009
Updates and Reminders
This is the last Special Edition SL News Brief before USAC begins its system upgrade. Please see August 13<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=247&WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090831>, August 20<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=250&WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090831> and August 27<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=251&WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090831> Special Editions SL News Brief for details.
We would like to again remind both applicants and service providers some of the key points mentioned in these News Briefs.
September 1 at 5 p.m. EDT is the last day and time to submit any online forms or to interact with our database until the upgrade has been completed.
Before the upgrade begins:
* You can file program forms online
* You can download Form 470 information from the Form 470 Download Reports tool<http://www.universalservice.org/sl/tools/search-tools/form470-download-reports.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090831>
* You can verify status of your applications online
During the upgrade:
* No Funding Commitment Decision Letters will be issued
* No payment files will be run
* No ONLINE posting of Form 470. However, you can still submit your Form 470 ON PAPER and mail to us, following the instructions in the form
* Service providers will be able to submit Form 498 and Form 499 online. The system that processes these forms is not affected by the upgrade. USAC will process these forms as usual
* Service providers will not be able to submit a SPI Form 474 online or approve a BEAR Form 472 online
* Program forms on paper (Form 486, 472, 473, 474, or 500) as well as electronic (email) invoices can be submitted. USAC will hold these forms until the upgrade is complete
* USAC website search tools are not available
* Client Service Bureau has no access to online system. They will not be able to create or update entity number and information or provide status information on program forms or requests
* You can submit any appeal as you would normally do. There is no impact on how appeals are submitted
* You cannot use Submit a Question. You can fax or mail your Service Substitutions, SPIN Changes, Good Samaritans and other requests. USAC will process your request after the upgrade is complete. You should retain a copy of your fax confirmation or proof of postmark for your records
September 14 at 9 a.m. EDT the upgrade is expected to be completed.
Additional information is available in the FAQs<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/usac-it-upgrade.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090831> posted in the Schools & Libraries section of the USAC website. If you have additional questions about the upgrade, please call the Client Service Bureau at 1-888-203-8100.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
You may download and print copies of Schools and Libraries News Briefs<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090831> on USAC's website. You may subscribe<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-brief/subscribe.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090831> to or unsubscribe<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-brief/unsubscribe.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090831> from this news brief. For program information, please visit the Schools and Libraries area<http://www.usac.org/sl/?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090831> of the USAC website, submit a question<http://www.slforms.universalservice.org/EMailResponse/EMail_Intro.aspx>, or call us toll-free at 1-888-203-8100. Feel free to forward this news brief to any interested parties.
Please do not reply to this email directly, as it was sent from an unattended mailbox.
1997-2009, Universal Service Administrative Company, All Rights Reserved.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Erate