[Erate] FW: USAC's Schools and Libraries News Brief for this week
Sabrina.Carson at wesd.org
Mon Sep 14 08:27:05 PDT 2009
Looks like things are starting to come back up. Please keep me advised of any problems you encounter while using the system so that I can convey them to USAC management. :)
e-Rate and Procurement Customer Support
Willamette Education Service District
2611 Pringle Rd SE
Salem, OR 97302
From: SL News Brief [mailto:SLNewsBrief at lists.universalservice.org]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 5:53 AM
To: Carson, Sabrina
Subject: USAC's Schools and Libraries News Brief for this week
USAC IT Upgrade
September 14, 2009
USAC IT Upgrade Completed
The SLD IT upgrade has been successfully completed and you may access our systems and conduct business in the normal fashion starting at 9:00 am EDT today. You are free to file forms online such as Form 470 and Form 486 as well as check form status and access the other interactive functions.
Note that some update work will be going on during this week. Specifically, on Monday:
* The Form 470 Download tool<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/search-tools/form470-download-reports.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090914> will be updating and will not be accessible for downloads. Note, however, that if you performed a download on August 31, you have current data.
* The Automated Search of Commitments tool<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/commitments-search/Default.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090914> will be missing data from the most recent FY2008 wave and the most recent FY2009 wave.
* The Data Retrieval Tool (DRT)<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/search-tools/data-retrieval-tool.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090914> will be missing data from shortly before the upgrade started.
* The Two-in-Five Tool<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/search-tools/two-in-five-tool.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090914> will take several days to update.
* Submit a Question<http://www.slforms.universalservice.org/EMailResponse/EMail_Intro.aspx> may work slowly for the next few days. If you have a question, please call the Client Service Bureau at 1-888-203-8100. If you want to submit a request (service substitution, SPIN change, service delivery deadline extension, invoice deadline extension) or an attachment, we suggest that you use the mail, fax, or email submission described in the appropriate guidance material on the USAC website. Remember to save proof of the time and date of your submission.
As with all major systems upgrades, there will be some things that we will need to fix, and we will do that as quickly as possible. To that end, if you have functions that do not work for you other than those noted above, please report them to our Client Service Bureau at 1-888-203-8100 and we will get them taken care of as soon as possible. If there are any major common problems, we will post them on our website and give you a status report in a timely manner as to when those problems will be fixed.
As was indicated in past communications, we will be paying invoices this week and we plan to resume running waves this week in order to begin issuing FCDLs dated next week.
We would like to thank all of you for your help and patience during the upgrade. You have made the difference!
You may download and print copies of Schools and Libraries News Briefs<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090914> on USAC's website. You may subscribe<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-brief/subscribe.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090914> to or unsubscribe<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-brief/unsubscribe.aspx?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090914> from this news brief. For program information, please visit the Schools and Libraries area<http://www.usac.org/sl/?WT.mc_id=sl-newsbrief-20090914> of the USAC website, submit a question<http://www.slforms.universalservice.org/EMailResponse/EMail_Intro.aspx>, or call us toll-free at 1-888-203-8100. Feel free to forward this news brief to any interested parties.
Please do not reply to this email directly, as it was sent from an unattended mailbox.
1997-2009, Universal Service Administrative Company, All Rights Reserved.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Erate