[Erate] A Question from Theresa Wilhelm at Centrall Linn

Catherine cogdill ccogdill at buttefalls.k12.or.us
Tue Feb 22 12:04:11 PST 2011

We do not allow Facebook to be used by students on our network.  I don't know how that can be used in a CIPA compliant environment. Administration does not have Facebook blocked.
Students do use Facebook on their smart phones...or through wireless on the public library network next door.

Peace,

Catherine Cogdill
Technology Coordinator
Butte Falls School District

ccogdill at buttefalls.k12.or.us
voice: 541 865 3563 x244
fax  541 865 3217>>> "Carson, Sabrina" <Sabrina.Carson at wesd.org> 2/22/2011 10:31 AM >>>

Theresa would like to know how many districts out there allow the use of Facebook on their networks. Do you allow it only for staff, or for students as well? Have you had any issues with it? You can respond to Theresa on the list or privately, but keep in mind that public answers may help other districts too. J

Theresa can be reached at Theresa.Wilhelm at centrallinn.k12.or.us

Sabrina Carson
e-Rate Coordinator
Willamette Education Service District