[Forest_Biomass] Website to collect biomass feedback for Governor-elect Kitzhaber
kevin.weeks at state.or.us
Wed Dec 15 14:29:23 PST 2010
Website to collect feedback for Governor-elect Kitzhaber's biomass transition team
Woody biomass continues to be a potential triple win for Oregon; restoring forest health, meeting green energy objectives and revitalizing rural economies. Governor-elect Kitzhaber has named a biomass energy team to be lead by Matt Donegan of Forest Capital Partners, John Shelk of Ochoco Lumber and Russ Hoeflich with The Nature Conservancy.
The original charge to the Biomass Transition team proposed four key focus areas:
* State investment in biomass and jobs
* Clearing a path for bioenergy in Oregon
* Providing the technical knowledge and training a workforce, and
* Identifying near-term and long-term bioenergy resources, projects and possibilities
After preliminary meetings, two primary goals have been established by the transition team:
* Identify a strategy for securing greater certainty in merchantable timber harvest, along with biomass supplies, through federal forest ecosystem restoration.
* Recommend opportunities to develop and expand woody biomass markets.
A new website is being created to help gather input for the Governor's biomass transition team. The website will include resources from OFRI, Oregon State University, Oregon Department of Energy, and Oregon Department of Forestry. The input section and resources will be available at:
www.johnkitzhaber.com<http://www.johnkitzhaber.com> - please consult the Governor-Elect's web site for the feedback area.
View the Biomass Transition Team Priorities Discussion Draft: http://oregonforests.org/assets/newsletter/biomass_priorities_document2%20docx_scn%2012-10%20%282%29.pdf
Public Information Officer
Oregon Department of Forestry
Agency Affairs Office
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Forest_Biomass